Social Icons

twitterfacebooklinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Project Schedule Complete

We are trying something a little different with this blog series. As this is my book, we have decided to have me write the updates personally. The attached Network Diagram shows the projected schedule that I settled on. To be honest, creating a project plan for a book provided more difficulty than I anticipated.

Over the course of my professional employment, I created project plans, Gantt charts, work and resource breakdown structures for many different projects; however, I learned that books present their own challenges. With that said, I found tremendous value in using the project management approach as opposed to a more esoteric approach. By no means do I intend that to put down the creative process that so many others have used, but for me, my creativity needs focus, and the project management process provides just that - focused creativity. It also serves as a written down goal. As Keith Ferrazzi alludes to in "Never Eat Alone," goal setting and tracking creates accountability.

I write this book without experience in the process. So, it is possible I set an impossible schedule, and if you have any suggestions on things I missed or reality/sanity checks on the schedule, please let me know your thoughts.

I will continue to provide personal updates on the progress of the book, and any insights I glean from a development and management standpoint that I believe may help break through barriers in your organization's creativity, innovation, or even project processes.

I look forward to this project and hearing your insights, critiques, and/or encouragements.

Click to enlarge the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment